This is not even comparable to shop-bought granola. It’s that much better.
Natural, chocolatey sweetness balanced with the rich savoury flavour of olive oil and hazelnuts: one batch of this granola and you’ll have a breakfast to look forward to all week. Great with milk, yogurt, or just eaten in handfuls, we promise this is a recipe you’ll always come back to.
4 cups/ 360g oats
1/2 tsp cinammon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground sea salt
2.5 heaped tsp cocoa or cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup/ 120ml extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup/ 80ml honey
2.5 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup/ 50g hazelnuts
1/4 cup/ 30g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cocoa/cacao powder in a large bowl.
- Gently heat the olive oil, maple syrup and honey in a saucepan until completely combined. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. While still warm, pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread this mixture across trays lined with baking parchment in a thin layer and bake for 40 minutes.
- While the mixture is in the oven, roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Halfway through the cooking time, move the granola around and add the hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Allow to cool on the trays before storing in an airtight container.